Medical students and others are mobilizing around the country to support healthcare workers. If you are a healthcare worker or a student and we don’t have resources in your area online yet, or we weren’t able to match you with someone for your needs, we encourage you to explore the sites below.
We are actively updating this directory every day with additional resources and attempting to ensure that each linked resource is still operational, but things are changing very rapidly, so we apologize if any link becomes out of date.
We want to support everyone doing this critical work. If you are a local or student organization and you would like to be added to this page, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that none of the student-led efforts below has affiliation with or endorsement by the institutions that its students attend. These are grassroots, student-led efforts organized so that community members can help one another in this moment of great crisis.
For Healthcare Workers
Minnesota – Twin Cities Metro
- Student-run initiative from the University of Minnesota
- NYC Covid Sitters
- Offers childcare, pet sitting, errand services, and online tutoring to all healthcare workers, free of charge.
- Philly Childcare Collective
- Local organization coordinating volunteer childcare for the Philadelphia area which is dedicating resources to responding to COVID-19
- OSU Student-Led Request Form
- Self-organized, student-led effort by OSU medical students
Upper Valley (of New Hampshire and Vermont)
- Viral Kindness
- Student group assisting healthcare workers in the Upper Valley with tasks they need help with, Facebook group linked here.
Greater Toronto Area
For Students Looking to Help